GET IN TOUCH
HELLO & WELCOME
The founder and creator of She’s Booked Out.
I started my photography business as a little side hustle in 2012 with a Nikon D3100 and a 50mm.
It was only about two and a half years into my business that I braved going full time. It was that year that things shifted and I figured out what I love to photograph, and how to use that to create a thriving business that I love.
I went from photographing four to six weddings in a year and a couple of family sessions, while juggling a full time, demanding job, to hitting my goal of 27 dream weddings per year and loads more family portraits, all while becoming a new mom.
She’s Booked Out is where I share my journey into entrepreneurship, along with the failures (oh boy, there’s some real good ones!), the successes (YESSS!) and the systems I put into place to get me clients I loved to work with.
My aim with She’s Booked Out is to provide female photographers with all the guidance I wish I had when I started my business and help them create businesses they can put their whole heart into.
BECAUSE IT’S NOT ALL BUSINESS AROUND HERE…
A few things about me:
- I live in Durban, South Africa with my husband, Christiaan and we’re the proudest parents to Ella, who is pure sunshine.
- I love chocolate milkshakes, picking alllll the olives out of a salad and cry when I watch really good Britain’s Got Talent auditions. Golden Buzzer moments have me sobbing.
- I can’t parallel park. I have more chance of hitting the pavement than I do actually getting my car in the parking space so I’d rather keep driving around till I find
the courage,a parking space.
- I love web design and creating websites is a hobby.
- I read or listen to business or entrepreneurship books ALL.THE.TIME.
- I have never, ever, watched a single episode of Game of Thrones. #JonWho?